Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Hi,
Sorry - I know my post is late this month, I've been piling the work on and working the pounds off when not at my desk! You know how it goes, you make lists of things you 'have to do', then because there are too many things to do, you prioritise and assign a "A" "B" or "C" to each.

It just seems that all the stuff on my list is priority "A"! Result, = you create a "+" & "++" system to add to the ABC's! Then, guess what, you find you've just spent most of the little valuable time have, spinning your wheels, prioritising lists, making new lists, (because the old one got messy) and you generally get stuck in a rut.

Paralysis By Analysis!
That's the term for it in business circles.. Like writing this post, it's only going to take me maybe 20 minutes, but in true form something else just cropped up to delay this. I've just restarted writing some 6 hours after I started. What's the answer.

There are lots of remedies that will work differently for different people in various situations. In this instance, I have set a timer and sat down to write it, giving me a 33minute time frame to have it finished or cross it off my list altogether, missing a month!

What's it worth? Well, I use this post elsewhere as a part of a larger article and it is used in a feed elsewhere. This raises my profile (hopefully), and ultimately my sales. So it is very valuable to me, sure I could miss this month and take the easy way out, but then that would lead to me probably missing next month too. Where does it all stop.

Another valid solution, if I do not complete this today and something to consider for the future, is to just quickly record what I want to say and hand it over to Elance to have it typed up. There are also a few other sources for transcription services, just check out Google search.

Anyway, it looks like I've managed to get my gripe out of they way - finally for this month. All I have to do now is NOT let this stop me in the future.. Just be sure you know the different between spinning wheels and thinking you are busy, when in reality you are just making lists of lists of things to do and NOT GETTING ANY REAL WORK DONE!

Andy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Music I'm listening to.

*************** *******************